WORK AT PUBLIC: Employment Opportunity: Retail Sales Supervisor
Retail Sales Supervisor
- Reporting to the store owner, the retails sales + customer service associate is responsible for engaging and educating customers on the sustainable products and/ or refills available, maintaining the shop, and contributing to the growth of PUBLIC.
- Greet customers, provide walkthrough of product offerings, and recommend solutions, as needed
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered
- Upkeep of shop, ensure refills and products are stocked, and product displays organized
- Manage and accept deliveries, add inventory into system, keep inventory organized
- Process POS purchases, including gift cards, and handle exchanges
- Fulfill and ready online orders
- Opening and closing duties
- Build relationships with customers
- Independently seek industry trends and product knowledge to build individual expertise
- Proactively suggest ways to improve customer education to increase sales
- Perform routine inventory counts
- Support quarterly, detailed inventory counts
- Comfortable working without supervision, including opening and closing the shop
The above highlights key responsibilities for this position, however, is not all-inclusive.
Employment Knowledge Requirements
- Sustainable, Zero/ Low Waste philosophy and practices
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to offer personalized one-on-one service
- Sales process (online, in-store)
- Completion of secondary school required
- Ability to self-start without waiting for direction or set of tasks to complete
- Solution-oriented / Independently capable of seeking information
- Excellent communication skills
- Accountable and punctual
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- At least one year experience in retail, grocery, or service industry
- Store Discount after 90-day probation period is complete
- Paid Sick and Safe Time
- Paid Vacation Time (full-time employment)
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like to be part of a growing team, mission, and company, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability. We respond to all applicants.
We look forward to meeting you!
PUBLIC is a neighborhood shop offering sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic goods and non-toxic refills for cleaning, laundry, personal care, and skin care.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Our staff is fully vaccinated.
- All customers and staff must be masked, curbside pick-up available, frequent cleaning and sanitizing.